Lone Star Leash Services Terms of Service
- The terms of this document apply to all the pets owned by the Client, including any and all new pets that the Client obtains in the future , at any and all locations the owner designates for service. Client must have legal rights to place the animals in the care of pet sitters, kennels, and veterinary clinics. Lone Star Leash Services cannot service a home with “visiting” pets or animals that do not belong to the resident of the service site without prior discussion between client and Lone Star Leash Services.
- Client will take full responsibility for PROMPT payment of fees. A handling fee of $25.00 will be charged on all returned checks. One half deposit is required on all assignments lasting two or more weeks or Clients with a history of late payment. In the event if is necessary to initiate collection proceedings on the account, Client will be responsible for all attorney’s fees and costs of collection.
- Lone Star Leash Services is not responsible for damage to the home beyond the control of the Pet Sitter. This includes, but is not limited to leaks, electrical problems, and acts of nature. In these situations, the company will attempt to contact the Client and then the emergency contact before making a subjective decision on dealing with the problem. All repairs and related fees will be paid by the Client, or fully reimbursed to Lone Star Leash Services within 14 days.
- Lone Star Leash Services is not responsible for any damage to property of the client or others unless such damage is caused by the negligent act of the Pet Sitter. Lone Star Leash Services accepts no responsibility for security of the premises or loss if other individuals have access to a client’s home, or if the home is not properly secured. Lone Star Leash Services is not liable for any loss or damage in the event a burglary or other crime that should occur while under this contract. Client agrees to secure home prior to leaving the premises.
- Lone Star Leash Services will re-secure the home as instructed by the Client at the end of each visit. Pet Owner is responsible for pet-proofing house and yard, and the security fences/gates/latches. Lone Star Leash Services will not be responsible for the safety of any pets and will not be liable for the injury, disappearance, death, or fines of any pet with unsupervised access to the outdoors.
- Lone Star Leash Services is authorized to seek any emergency veterinarian assistance needed during visits, at the cost of the Client, from the Client’s preferred clinic. In the event that the preferred clinic is unavailable, Lone Star Leash Services is authorized to seek veterinary services from a clinic of their choice. However, the company is not responsible for the health/well being of the animal.
- Client will be responsible for all medical expenses and damages resulting from an injury to a Pet Sitter, or other persons, by the pet. Client agrees to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend Lone Star Leash Services, in the event of a claim by any person injured by the pet.
- Client is responsible for supplying the necessary safe equipment/supplies needed for care of their pet(s), including but not limited to a sturdy, will-fit harness (halter, collar, etc...) for walks or in case of emergencies, firmly affixed vaccination tags, a lead rope or leash, pooper-scoopers, litter boxes, food, cleaning supplies, medicines, pet food, and cat litter. Client authorizes any purchases necessary for the satisfactory performance of duties. Client agrees to be responsible for the payment of such items, as well as service fees for obtaining items, and will reimbursed Lone Star Leash Services within 14 days for all purchases made.
- Future services: the Client authorizes this contract to be valid approval for services so as to permit Lone Star Leash Services to accept all future telephone, online, mail or email reservations and enter their home without additional signed contracts or authorizations.
- In the event of personal emergency or illness of Pet Sitter, Client authorizes Lone Star Leash Services to arrange for another qualified person to fulfill responsibilities as set forth in this contract. Client will be notified in such a case.
- Lone Star Leash Services reserves the right to terminate this contract an any time if the Pet Sitter, in his/her sole discretion determines that Client’s pet poses a danger to the health or safety of itself, other pets, other people or the Pet Sitter. If concerns prohibit the Pet Sitter from caring for the pet, the Client authorizes the pet to be placed in a kennel (or previously arranged locale), with all charges (including, but no limited to transportation, kenneling, tranquilizing, treating, accessing, and liability) to be the responsibility of the Client.
- Lone Star Leash Services agrees to provide services stated in this agreement in a reliable, caring and trustworthy manner. In consideration of the services as an express condition thereof, the Client expressly waives and relinquishes any and all claims against the company and its employees, except those arising from negligence.
- Client agrees to notify Lone Star Leash Services of any concerns within 24 hours of return.
- The Client states that he/she has read this agreement in its entirety and fully understands and accepts its terms and conditions.
Veterinary Release Agreement
In the event that any of my pets appears to be ill, injured, or significant risk of experiencing a medical problem at the start of service or while in the care of Lone Star Leash Services, client gives permission to Lone Star Leash Services to seek veterinary service from a veterinarian or a veterinary clinic. Client’s preferred veterinary services are listed on each individual Pet Information Disclosure. Other veterinarians or emergency care clinics chosen by the pet sitter are acceptable.
Efforts will be made to contact client regarding any treatments, illness, injury, or potential problems as soon as the condition is deemed not life threatening and /or contact is possible. Client understands that Lone Star Leash Services care providers work hard to prevent accidents and injuries, and that such problems may occur no matter how well a pet is cared for. Client agrees to allow Lone Star Leash Services care providers to use their best judgment in handling these situations, and client understands that Lone Star Leash Services assumes no responsibility for the actions and decisions of the veterinary staff, the health, or death of client’s pet(s).
Client will assume full responsibility for the payment and/or reimbursement for any and all veterinary services rendered, including, but not limited to diagnosis, treatment, grooming, medical supplies, and boarding. Such payments will be made within 14 days of the initial incident. Client also agrees to be responsible for all Special Service fees assessed by caregivers, and will pay such fees within 14 days of each incident.
Client further authorizes Lone Star Leash Services and my primary veterinarian(s) to share all of the medical records of all of my animals with veterinary clinics in an emergency in the interest of providing the best care for ill or injured animal(s).
Client will insure that my pets are current on their rabies vaccinations for the safety of veterinary personnel as well as Lone Star Leash Services care providers.
By default your keys will be kept by the pet sitter after service. If you would like your keys returned to you on the last visit, leave a note for the sitter that lists the date of the last visit, along with a message to return the key at that time. Then leave instructions on how to secure the home and where to place the key.
Key return to your home after service will be charged at a rate of $15. Mailing your key is charged at a rate of $3. Lone Star Leash Services is not liable for the additional safety risk to your home if you ask for us to mail your key or leave it in an unsecured location.